Thursday, March 29, 2007

week 8: vlogging

What kind of world do we live in where "vlog" becomes a common word?

I'll answer that. We live in a world complete with accessible communication technology, so abundant, that just about anyone with a computer and a video camera can easily produce a video blog. And we live in a world that is so adaptive to new technology, that we are constantly coming up with new words, like "vlog", to accomodate these developments.

I enjoyed seeing the video blogs produced by the class on the various chapters of Pink's book which were covered in week 8. Everyone seemed to uniquely interpret both the chapters and their ideas of how they should be represented on video. The results were a lot of fun.

I enjoyed learning from Erika's presentation on Google Docs, and feel that it is a service I will now be using more regularly. I enjoy being able to access certain documents from wherever I am, and thought that Erika showed some good examples of how it can be used purposefully.

It was also my groups first opportunity to meet with Dr. Foreman to discuss our project. I am excited about the opportunity to take a number of Web 2.0 technologies and synthesize them into a group learning activity for future 830 classes, as well as Dr. Foreman's students and teachers in Africa to learn from.

No comments: